Sub: Free of Cost , Walkthrough Structural Audit of Society Building.
We introduce ourselves as a Premier Technical Institute, recognized by AICTE, Delhi & affiliated to the University of Mumbai. We offer undergraduate courses in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering & Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. Moreover, we have started Post Graduate Course in Civil Engineering (Construction Engineering & Management) in the academic year 2014-2015.
Our institute is known for the highly qualified faculty, excellent infrastructure & state-of-the–art laboratories. Civil Engineering laboratories are equipped with the modern instruments.
The general health and performance of a building depends on its quality of maintenance. Structural Audit is a preliminary technical survey of a building to assess its general health as a civil engineering structure.
A Typical Walk through Structural Audit Report comprises of the following:
· Detailed covering letter with advice on each & every problem observed.
· Detailed flat-wise report of all flats.
· Detailed methodologies with specifications/sketches for all problems
· Few photographs highlighting problems.
· Detailed measurement sheets of quantities worked out Estimate at prevailing market prices in detailed Bill of Quantities.
Special attention should be given to following points:
· During Investigation of RCC buildings: We need to look for all the sources of leakage/seepage/dampness.
· It is necessary to measure the quantities of structural distress as accurately as possible both in common areas and inside all flats.
· Check if the external walls are in brick/RCC or in concrete blocks either solid or hollow.
· Check how many layers of brickbat coba are provided on the terrace top.
The faculty & Civil Engineering students wish to carry out the Structural Audit of your society building at no cost. Based on our technical report, you can initiate the necessary steps towards repair & rehabilitation of the building in consultation with a Professional Firm in the said field.
Your consent in this regard would greatly boost our morale for this noble cause of social service.
Interested Society office bearers may contact Civil Engg Dept or undersigned on 022-27481249 ext 292
Prof. P.S. Lokhande
Hope that we help someone to move ahead in life.
Hope that we help someone reach their dreams.
AIKTC -TRAINING AND PLACEMENT CELL